Wednesday, March 19, 2014

[10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: My Journey To Loosing The Baby Weight & Gaining So Much More]

There is one major upside to breastfeeding and that was loosing the baby weight, so for me I figured it would just fall right off.  It took a trip to GAP when I was 6 weeks pp to realize it wasn't just falling off and that I would need to do something.  
So let's start from the beginning.....
My starting weight when I got pregnant was 139, I've never been a watch your weight kind of person and it definitely didn't matter when I got pregnant.  My parents owned a scale when I lived with them but when Michael and I moved in together it wasn't the first thing on our list to buy.  Let's just say during the 38 weeks of my pregnancy I ate and ate and ate everything I could and everything I wanted too.  I didn't care!  If it was in the house it would soon find it's way into my mouth.  I don't remember what I weighed when I was admitted into to labor and delivery and honestly I wasn't worried about it.  The nurse weighed me on the way to the second recovery room I stayed in and it was somewhere around 160 I believe.  I didn't care though because again I was going to eat what I wanted.  Bad mistake Kelsey!  I should have started eating healthy foods right from the start, but sugar is so darn addicting!  When we lived in Florida, Elli, Lulu and I would go on walks every morning, afternoon and when the mail ran just to get out of the apartment and get some sort of exercise.  When it got warmer we would go swim and there was a few times that I used the gym, but there was nothing that I found that was going to stick for me.  Honestly, I give up too easily.  So when we moved to Clarksville I wanted to do the color vibe 5k.  My friend Jen and I signed up even though we knew we would end up walking/jogging the whole race.  When we signed up for the race my mind switched and all the sudden I was worried about being healthy.  Not just for myself but for Elli and Michael as well.  Then Jen invited me to hot yoga and I fell in love!  103 degrees in a dimmed lit room was enough to make me start my journey to losing what I needed and wanted too.  We started going once a week and then we learned about the 10 day green smoothie cleanse in where people were losing up to 15 pounds in 10 days.  This seemed way to good to be true, but after seeing how many people are trying it and getting so many great reviews I decided to try it.  I could never do it alone and so my friend Jen and my mother in law set a start date and were ready to go.  We went shopping for ingredients and then put our bags together.  Set them in the fridge and the next day we were starting DAY ONE.

To learn more about this and to try it, PLEASE buy the book.  It has everything you need to know, all the recipes, how to keep the weight off and more.
Now here's my journey:
A week before I started the smoothie cleanse, I downloaded the app waterlogged and was trying to get to a gallon a day.  Now let's be honest...water isn't the best tasting beverage but it's great for you!  This cleanse is all about detoxing and getting rid of the crap in your body that is on every grocery shelf out there.  The fast food, the soda, the addicting stuff that we eat everyday because it's put in front of us.  It's easy, it's quick and day to day life is to busy to sit down and plan meals.  This cleanse has been life changing for me.  At the beginning I was eating when I want to and when I can that and  most of all it was junk, but once I started this journey that ended.  Today I have no cravings for junk food what so ever.  I crave water, salad,vegetables and fruits!  All good things that will help me with continuing my journey to a healthier me. 

DAY ONE-
Starting weight: 147
Starting inches : 38.5, 39, 36, Thighs: 22.5 and Arms: 12

I was so beyond excited to start! I woke up, drank my tea and then made my smoothies for the day.  I ate a few veggies and fruits here and there and then drank my smoothie for lunch and dinner.  Since I had already began detoxing my system of soda, I only had a slight headache.  I went to bed hungry but fought the urge to go to the pantry.

DAY TWO-
I woke up excited again and did the same routine as the day before.  I was tired and wanted normal food but I texted my MIL and friend and they helped me get through the urges.  I went to bed early and hungry but drank my water and it subsided.

DAY THREE-
I stepped on the scale and was shocked to see the progress I did.  I won't spill the beans but I couldn't believe it.  I was super excited as I normally am because it's not Monday and that tonight Pretty Little Liars was on and Jen and I were going to do hot yoga!  I did my routine of the tea, smoothie and in the end I slept so good!

DAY FOUR-
At this point I no longer had any cravings for junk, just healthy stuff!  I downed my tea and prepared my smoothie for the day.  I had a dinner of boiled eggs, carrots, and tomatoes!  Who know veggies could be so delicious!  Today, I had to split my smoothies into two because I was so full from the one I had this morning.  I went to bed relaxed and full and the pajama pants that were once tight were now baggy!

DAY FIVE-
The halfway point!  I am so glad I have a great support system to keep us going all the way to day ten and further!  I woke up feeling great, I stepped on the scale and again was shocked.  I don't remember when I was this weight.  I feel lighter, healthy, strong and energized.  I put on my favorite pair of pants and they fit!  I wasn't struggling to get them on.  The tea is probably my favorite part of the whole cleanse besides the way I feel.  The smoothie today was better than yesterday and Jen and I went to hot yoga again.

DAY SIX-
Today was difficult....it really started to hit me that I was almost finished but still had a few more days to go.  I started the day with my tea, smoothie, and water all day plus a few snacks in between.  Looking forward to tomorrow!

DAY SEVEN-
My husband and I went to the grocery store today and as he loaded the cart with the junk that we normally get, I was able to get healthy stuff for after my full cleanse stops and the modified cleanse begins.  Lots of fruits and vegetables as well as hummus and other healthy foods.  I plan on having one to two smoothies a day plus a healthy dinner.  The smoothie today was delicious and I was able to fit into a pair of shorts that I wore before I was pregnant!

DAY EIGHT-
Today was hard as well and when I started, I new that this process wouldn't be easy.  Everyday has been different, some good some bad but I've been able to make it through all of them thus far without cheating or having something I wasn't supposed too.  For a few days now it has been easy to get up and get right in the groove of making my tea and drinking a bottle of water before I put Elli down for a nap and then make my smoothie.  Almost to the end!

DAY NINE-
I woke up feeling refreshed and was happy with what the scale read and I still can't believe we've come this far!  I'm getting excited to take the after picture and measurements!  I downed my tea as usual and then my water and blended my smoothie.  Love this smoothie with the strawberries it was super yummy!  Looking forward to tomorrow for a couple of reasons.  On to day ten!

DAY TEN-
I DID IT!  I made it to day ten!  No cheating or anything that wasn't in the book.  The full cleanse for the full ten days!  Today I had a doctors appointment and asked the nurse what I weighed when I was last in the office which was in January.  I was 151 then and today I was 138!  Let's just say they were impressed!  After my appointment I took it easy and relaxed and let it soak in that I finished the full ten days! Weigh In and results tomorrow!

RESULTS:
Here are side by side pictures of my front, side and back!

Weight Loss:
I started this process at 147 and now I stand at 136!
That's 11 pounds in ten days!  
My starting inches were: Bust: 38.5, Hips: 39,Waist:36, Thighs: 22.5 and Arms: 12
Ending inches: Bust: 35.5, Hips: 38, Waist: 34 , Thighs: 21 and Arms: 11 1/2
That's EIGHT inches off!  
This process for me has turned out to be so much more than loosing the baby weight.  It has made me change the entire way I feel about eating.  No longer will I eat because I'm bored or just because it's there.  I will now make sure I grab fruits or veggies and always drink water.  No more soda, tea or sweetened juices and when I do drink, I will limit them.  Our family dinners will consist of healthier choices for everyone and I will drink at least one smoothie a day.
Thank you J.J Smith for a lifetime of knowledge and thank you to my support team for not giving up even when it was so easy to do!

Until next time!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Great suggestions and explanation you have given here day wise. I will definitely try this schedule. I love having Green drink daily in morning after I woke up. I really feel refreshed after having it and helps me in maintaining my weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were u nursing while on the cleanse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Were you afraid about doing a full cleanse while breastfeeding? I heard that it can be dangerous and pass toxins.

      Delete
  3. Very helpful information. Appreciate it.
    This Diet is by far one of the best ones. It is simple and easy to follow and it works. The science behind it makes me feel safe and supported by facts not just hype and sales jargon.I highly recommend this diet over all the others claiming to be the best on the market right now.The amazing part is I've lost 37lbs of my stomach fat on this diet plan.
    http://www.dietthatreallywork.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you drink the detox tea and take the colon cleanser that was suggested while nursing in this diet?

    ReplyDelete