Monday, June 4, 2012

DIY banner!

Ever since Michael and I got engaged, I have been on a DIY non-stop kick!
I love crafting and was blessed with creativity running through my veins!
I want our wedding to be different but with a good twist and I know that by doing a lot of it myself it will but a different spin on it.

The first idea that came to me was by the cute name and date banners that I have seen through browsing pinterest. Then I thought, how easy would that be? Time consuming but very easy!

Below is the finished project(cute? right?!)

I will list the steps it took to complete this project and the materials I used:



Supplies needed:
-Yard or less of canvas (you can find it at any fabric store, I purchased mine for $4)
-Paint
-Sewing machine (if you have one)
-Stencils (also easy to find at a craft store)

Directions:

1. Trace a pendant shape onto a piece of paper



2. Cut the pendant shapes out of canvas (I cut six for the mr & mrs)



3. Place stencils and then paint them onto canvas



4. Sew around the pendant (optional)



5. Fold top of pendant down and sew



6. Thread through ribbon, a dowel rod, or anything of your choosing!




Voila! You're finished!

The paint dries very fast on the canvas which is a plus!


This was my first DIY blog post, I hope you enjoyed it!

Love&DIY,

No comments:

Post a Comment