Monday, June 4, 2012

Lately;

Right after I wrote my last post, my health went downhill and fast.
Sunday night the 25th, I was backing out of Michaels driveway and heard a pop in my back, not thinking anything about it I went on. Tuesday when I woke up my back was killing me and I felt nauseous all day. Michael took me to lunch and I ate three french fries and drank a coke but that was it. I ended up having to go to work to do some mobile stuff and could hardly stand or sit while I was there. After we left the mall my sister wanted to do Irelann's first birthday pictures, so we met outside. Apparently we were both having our off days because they did not go so well.... Michael drove me home and when I got there my mom could tell something was wrong. I took a muscle relaxer and laid down on the couch to rest. I fell asleep for about two hours and when I woke up I felt even more nauseous than before, my mom gave me a nausea medication and then I ended up vomiting not even two minutes after. My fever was 104 and I couldn't stop shaking and shivering. I was out of it. For the next two days I laid in my bed and barely ate anything. Thursday night I went to work pale and with a fever of 103, no one would come in and work for me and so I had to stay all night. I wasen't able to drive to work because I was so lightheaded and dizzy, so my brother drove me to work in my car and Michael drove me home. My mom said I was grey when I got home and the only thing I remember about that night is laying on the floor at the mall not being able to hardly walk or stand. The next morning Michael took me to the doctor since my mom thought it couldn't wait any longer. The doctor took one look at me and told me to go to the emergency room since there was nothing they could do for me. I started freaking out! I have never been to the ER before because i'm never sick! I rarely go to the doctor! When we got to the ER they triaged me and it was barely even five minutes before I was in a room. They started giving me fluids because I was severly dehydrated. My heartrate wouldnt go below 140 and my fever was 103. They took blood, did a strep test, and made me give a urine sample. We had been at the ER for about five hours and then the doctor finally came into the room with the results...
The strep test ended up being positive and I had a very very bad kidney infection. My white blood cell count was elevated to 14,000 when normally it's supposed to be 8,000! My body was doing everything it could to keep me alive and fight of the infections. They gave me tylenol to try and get my fever to go down, but it wasen't working. They ended up admitting me for observation overnight :( One night ended up turning into three! I got no sleep and ended up being stuck with a needle everynight I was there :/ Now i'm finally almost back to normal, I'm working at least 32 hours a week and trying to get back to my old self. I went to the doctor for a check up and he told me that I was very sick. That's scary hearing that! If I would have waited any longer, the infection could have gotten into my blood stream and it could have been lethal. Knowing how sick I was scares the crap outta me! I am glad that they caught it in time and I am almost back to being myself. Michael stayed with me everynight, and was at my becking call for everything I needed. I know without a doubt I am marrying this handsome, caring, loving man :)

In the ER:



After having to stay ANOTHER night in the hospital:




Love&Prayers
through sickness and in health <3

No comments:

Post a Comment